cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant and random disconnections ever since fibre was installed

Mitchella91

Constant and random disconnections ever since fibre was installed

Hi,
I've had plusnet fibre for a good 6 months now and i'm still having problems with the connection. Have had numerous engineers called out and said that there is not a problem but the disconnections still persist.
It can happen at completely random from 15 minutes - 2 hours the internet will drop out. This happens when browsing internet on my Macbook to playing online on the Xbox one. Both of which are extremely annoying and frustrating for me and family members using the internet at the time of the disconnections. When it disconnects the internet can take anywhere between 1-5 minutes to reconnect.
I've had numerous plusnet routers replaced as well, yet the problem still occurs. I've tried looking into the routers settings to see if there is something to stop the disconnections but to no avail.
Anyone got any advice into what could be wrong? Because currently I am extremely close to moving over to BT as Plusnet is just awful. I don't pay for internet for a sub par service which plusnet seem reluctant to even fix. I would love to have this problem fixed or i'm going to end up putting a complaint into Ofcom.
Mitchell
p.s. I am using the BT openreach router which is connected to a Plusnet 2704n router.
1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Constant and random disconnections ever since fibre was installed

It does seem to be dropping alot.

We'd need you to raise a new fault using the link below so we can investigate further.
https://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team