Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Fiber Dropping and Slow speed

FIXED
louiswood
Dabbler

Re: Constant Fiber Dropping and Slow speed

I am getying the same issue as yourself but using a vigor 130 and unifi routing and switches. both Plusnet hub1 and my equipment sync at 69.5mbps but I can only get 54.5mbps download speed. will be interesting to see what is causing this.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @duckettp,

I've checked  your account today and I can see that the connection has stabilized somewhat since yesterday. In addition to this I've altered a setting which may improve the speeds you're receiving, however if this doesn't happen and the problems persist then please let us know as we'll need to look at arranging an engineer visit to continue our investigation.

Hi @louiswood,

Are the examples provided taken from tests run via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
duckettp
Dabbler

Update:

Phone Line:

Phone is as clear as day, Quiet line test is well Quiet, Broadband stays synced when receiving Phone calls or making them.

BroadBand:

Router Syncs at advertised rate 79,995/20,000 and stays connected the Blip on Saturday was me changing over the Routers to test. Both Plus net router and my Draytek router sync the same, but both with wired speed tests only report 40/20, The router has been constant since Friday with no drop outs. The Router is only showing about 30 error in a 30 Hour period so happy with that.

Im not sure what next steps to take really @TheMightyAJ the alteration you have made has had no influence unless we need a re-sync, 

Is the Line still showing Line Problems?

Will an engineer do anything more than test the Line? This is my worry if the line is reporting good signal will they do any more?

Is there anything else to consider before getting engineers out again as this does sound to be more of a capping issue somewhere rather than anything else?

duckettp
Dabbler

@louiswood Is that a unifi security pro I spot I'm keeping a lookout for the new UDM pro when it releases, looks a mad bit of kit 

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @duckettp, Testing is still showing some resistance.

Beyond automated adjustments like the ones @TheMightyAJ tried, realistically the only avenue to proceed is to arrange an engineer visit.

They will test the line, but should be able to locate the cause/location of the high resistance affecting the line.

I can see we previously sent a request for a booking HERE. If you can reply to the ticket and then let us know here, we'll get it arranged.

duckettp
Dabbler

Updated Ticket asking for a Monday or Tuesday visit next week i hope they can find something as im not convinced the line is at issue 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @duckettp I too don't believe that another engineer visit at this stage is the right call. I've just tested your line again and that high resistance fault isn't showing anymore and I can see your router in sync at a perfect downstream speed of 80mbps and upstream of 20mbps with no drops over the past 5 days.

I'm fairly confident that your speeds are restricted to an old profile on our system when your sync rate was previously low caused by the connection dropping. We altered this setting on the 15th but you'll need to reboot your router in order for the connection to accept the new profile change. Apologies that this wasn't explained.

Can you reboot your router or do a single disconnect/reconnect of the PPP session in your routers interface?

Let us know how your speeds look afterwards.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
duckettp
Dabbler

@Gandalf And with that nugget of information, a reboot and a speed test now reporting 73mbps I will take that all day long thank you very much please cloase the ticket.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@duckettp Awesomeness, that's really good to see Thumbs_Up I've closed the ticket now but feel free to let us know over here if you need help with anything else and long may your speeds last!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet