cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Disconnections August 8

Bobbymax42
Hooked

Constant Disconnections August 8

From late afternoon to evening, constant drop-outs (two or three since started writing). Slow speeds yesterday evening - line work on-going?

8 REPLIES 8
rickeveleigh
Dabbler

Re: Constant Disconnections August 8

Ours has gone down at some point late evening and won't reconnect. Tried 2 routers. Status says Training. Help line shut so will have to hope it's OK in the morning or call in at 7.30.
rickeveleigh
Dabbler

Interesting actually the router says it's connected - showtime with usual 40meg down 10 up, but can't browse t'internet.
rickeveleigh
Dabbler

There must be a fault on the network not too far away: if I traceroute the default gateway I get two hops on the Internet side of my router, then it stops.
rickeveleigh
Dabbler

And the internet has just come back up. Odd. 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch to highlight this.

I've taken a look at your account and the connection is showing as being up and stable for over 16 days.

If this happens again, could you connect a device to the router via an ethernet cable and see if that can access the Internet?

What you've described sounds like either a wifi or a router issue, rather than something external.

Best wishes

Dave

rickeveleigh
Dabbler

Sorry Dave, that's clearly not the cause, as I wrote 'if I traceroute the default gateway [this is on the router to the PlusNet dg] I get two hops on the Internet side of my router, then it stops' so the traffic was leaving my router and starting its journey to PlusNet.

My guess is there was a fault at the Exchange (or somewhere in BT's network) which was rectified (I'm assuming the 2 hops I saw were kit either in the cabinet or the first devices in the Exchange). I had already tried a different router and connected direct to the master socket and the symptoms were the same.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @rickeveleigh,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have ran a couple of tests over your circuit and provided a further response here.

Thanks.

rickeveleigh
Dabbler

Thanks Mads, much appreciated.