cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistent slow speed in evening

Adamlurks
Dabbler

Consistent slow speed in evening

Anyone else noticing that PlusNet fibre speed drops to unusable download levels consistently at the same time every evening? I get about 38 download in the morning and early eve and then, between 8-10pm, it drops to 3-6 download. This happens every single evening at the same time and means that when I actually need it, this internet is useless. 

I’ve spent over 4 hours on the phone now (mostly waiting) about this over the last 3 nights, and been given loads of spurious reasons without any basis in anything..surely someone knows what this is? I was on bt infinity 1 before which gave consistent 38 download speed all day so I know that other providers don’t have this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this? What was it and was it resolved or should I just cancel this contract to avoid this nonsense?

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Consistent slow speed in evening

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your speeds.

I can see you've raised a fault regarding this and it's with our faults team for further investigation.

As soon as we have a update we'll let you know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Adamlurks
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew - is there any estimated timeframe for this as my internet becomes unusable in the evening?

If this is going to drag on over Christmas, can you give me a number for customer retentions so I can discuss leaving PlusNet please.

Thanks, Adam

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi there,

From raising the fault you should receive an update from our Faults Team within 72 hours Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
br043871
Grafter

Im having the same issue, dont expect them to do anything quickly. You "should" get a reponse in in the next three days. I didn't and when I did get a response it was just to ask for the logs again. Two weeks and counting.
Adamlurks
Dabbler

Ok thanks - this is worrying. Problem is there now - it’s ridiculous. Someone must know why this happens repetitively at the same time every night. Hope they sort yours. As it’s way below the minimum guaranteed access speed you are free to leave the contract - also make sure you get a refund for the entire period where the speeds were useless. So useless isn’t it!