Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connexion dropping multiple time a day

FLdn
Hooked

Connexion dropping multiple time a day

Hi 

My connexion has been dropping multiple time a day in the last week after many years without any issue

The router has been rest and does not appear to be overheating or any other abnormality 

Could you please help ASAP ? I am on call all day and the dropping connexion has huge impact on my work

Many thanks

Fabienne 

12 REPLIES 12
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Connexion dropping multiple time a day

@FLdn Welcome to the forums. In order for other community members to help you, it would be a good idea to have a look at This link and report back with as much of the requested information as possible. It would also be a good idea to do a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 and select option 2 from a landline phone - and check for any noise on the line. If there is any, report a phone fault to your supplier before reporting a broadband fault.

John
FLdn
Hooked

Hi john

Thanks for taking the time.

we have followed your guidance with the laptop directly connected to the plusnet router via Ethernet (not wireless). it comes from the router which display red lights when dropping.

The router is also directly plugged in via adsl adapter to the faceplate. We have done the basic test using your BT WHOLESALE website and wanted to run the addition test but required the BBEU ID as using the telephone number did not run the diagnostic test and came back with a busy line response yesterday and during 4 attempts today. Hence we want to try with the BBEU ID that we can not find anywhere 

The line dropped 3 time today already 

Many thanks for your help

FLDN 

jab1
Legend

@FLdn First, I am not Plusnet staff, just a long-time user who tries to help others, so none of this is 'mine'😉

I'm not quite sure why it will not run the advanced test if it completed the Basic test - what results did you get, if any , on that?

Your BBEUID is not one you will find anywhere unless Plusnet have run a full test for you - which I suspect from your original post they haven't had need to - but don't worry about it for the moment.

Don't take this wrong, but did you enter your full telephone number when asked - dialling code and your own number as one long string?

One final question - did you carry out the Quiet Line Test on your phone - dial 17070 and select option 2, preferably from a corded handset if possible. The line should be almost totally silent, any noise needs to be reported as a phone fault before the broadband error.

John
FLdn
Hooked

Hi john

Many thanks very nice of you to try to help

so we got the diagnostic at the end and it all good.

we have done the phone test but using a wireless phone which is quite old we can hear some noise but difficult to know if it is interference or noise.

might worth trying to raise though. What do you think ? Our phone provider is plusnet too, shall I raise it with customer service ?

Many thanks 

FLdn
Hooked

We’ve run a test with the link provide de on the forum and result are that our line has no issue. Could it be the BT Fiber to copa converter station cabinet situated on the road which is overheating as w3 do not seem to experience the drop out in the evenings as the exterior temperature lowers? 

What do you think ?

jab1
Legend

@FLdn If the QLT test came back clear as you say, that (nearly) rules out a phone-line problem , although if it is an intermittent issue there could stil be a problem, but one which will be difficult to prove.

Your comment re: the VDSL cabinet is enlightening - if you are on FTTC you have taken this outside my area of expertise, and from reading the 'Speed Faults' sticky on that board, it appears there is very little diagnostics available to an end-user.

If you can confirm you are on FTTC, I will ask for this topic to be be moved to the appropriate board, and hopefully someone with experience across there will pick it up.

John
FLdn
Hooked

Hi John

i can confirm that the connections FTTC and we are using the sagemcom plus net hub one modem router

we noticed last night that actually wit( cooler temperature it is still dropping out

many thanks

jab1
Legend

OK, @FLdn . Takes it out of my zone of expertise, I shall ask for the thread to be moved to the Fibre board.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
FLdn
Hooked

Many thanks @jab1 

FLdn
Hooked

Hi @dvorak 

any followup on my issue ?

Many thanks

FLDN 

jab1
Legend

@FLdn Sorry, @dvorak is a customer and mod - not a PN staffer.

You need to hope that one of the PN Help Team pick this up - unlikely at the moment - or one of the more experienced community members chimes in.

John