cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issues both wired and wireless

rdaarmstrong

Connectivity issues both wired and wireless

Hello,

For as long as I can remember I've had issues with my Wifi connection, I'm talking 12 months plus. Like many I'm sure, in our household we have half a dozen devices that use Wifi and for as long as I can remember we've had problems. By problems I mean dozens of times every single day we will be trying to use the internet on a device using Wifi and it will fail to load or stop streaming, before getting an error message saying there's no internet connection. A few minutes later the connection is back but due to how often this happens we have resorted to using 4g internet on our phones, but this obviously isn't possible when watching tv using one of the on demand services (iplayer etc)

It's something I've almost accepted hence why I've never really looked into it. More recently though (last few months) I've started having problems with my wired connection too. Similarly everything will be fine most of the day, then randomly I'll get disconnected from the game I was playing on my PC and my router will be flashing orange. A few minutes later and with no intervention from me and everything is back up and running again. I haven't noticed a pattern to it but it's quite annoying when I'm in the middle of something where losing connection even for 2 minutes can have a big impact on what I'm doing. To note, I've not actually noticed this particular problem for almost a week now, although the Wifi has still been up and down.

I'm no expert with this type of thing but having done some research I've gone into my event log on my router, under the Wifi category and noticed a few things. For the last few days I've noted the time that my connection drops and then checked the log and found the times match with a few recorded events that might mean there's an issue. 

I've checked that my setup is still exactly the same as when my brother (who works in IT) got me up and running so is anybody able to look into this for me please?

Thanks very much,

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
rdaarmstrong

Re: Connectivity issues both wired and wireless

Ok so it's been a month now since I made this post and I've not heard a single thing. Is this normal? I realise we're going through a difficult time at the moment but I didn't expect to be ignored for 4 weeks.

Would appreciate even an acknowledgement post by a member of staff, just to show they do actually care about their customers.

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Hi Rob
Are you using the Plusnet supplied hub one router? ( The horrible white one). Does the blue light on the front turn orange with a red B ?
Could you also let us know the firmware version
rdaarmstrong

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes i believe I have the router you mentioned as it is white. The usual blue light turns orange but I can't say I've noticed a red B, although at this point I don't pay too much attention to it I just accept that I've been disconnected again. I will make a point of checking the next time it happens.

My firmware version is 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 

Thank you,

Rob