cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connections timing out

JaneS

Connections timing out

I have Plusnet Unlimited Fibre.  I mainly use a desktop PC, which is connected with an ethernet cable.  For several weeks, I have been getting connections which time out.  I can't connect to my work's VPN.  My mobile, when connected to my wifi, sometimes reports the connection as "unstable".

I went on the Plusnet live help page, where the help guy typed that I should try another browser and change my ethernet cable.  Though neither of these seemed very plausible, I did both... but they didn't help.

Thanks,

Jane

4 REPLIES 4
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Connections timing out

Hi Jane,

What's odd is that your connection from the exchange to the router has been up and running without fault for 36 straight days.

What VPN service is it that you use to connect to the office?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
JaneS

Hi Matty

We use "BIG-IP Edge Client".

Many thanks,

Jane

JaneS

Hi

I have gone from connections timing out some of the time to most of the time to all of the time.  Please help!  I can't work at home, and this is messing up my life.  The connection is still in some sense live because the occasional e-mail  gets through, but most other programs that need an internet connection are getting timed out.  See attached screenshots.

Thanks,

Jane

ginourie
Dabbler

I have been getting the same all this week every couple of hours the connection just drops. When it tries to reconnect it gets to PPP connecting... and then wont connect.