cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection unstable

sparky1687
Dabbler

Re: Connection unstable

How do I change the channels? Wired connection yields the same problems. I have my PS4 wired and when I play online my gameplay is horrendous. Keeps lagging all the time when I’ve had no previous issues playing online
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @sparky1687 

Instructions on how to change the wireless channel can be found in my original post Here. Is your PS4 wired to your router directly using an ethernet cable with no switches or powerline adapters in place?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sparky1687
Dabbler

Ok I’ve changed the channels on both frequencies. See how that goes. Yes my PS4 is directly connected to the router. Nothing in between
sparky1687
Dabbler

Ok Gandalf, wireless channels changed and still no difference. Still getting connection unstable when holding work meetings. What do you suggest now? I’m at the end of my tether and because I need the internet for work I am having to work for longer than I should or not get stuff done.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @sparky1687 

I'm sorry for the continued problems. I'd advise reporting a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net so we can investigate further. If you can post back after we'll get that picked up for you as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JulesM
Hooked

OK, we are moving our devices over to the 5GHz and will see how we get on.  Looking at Sparky's continuing problems though, I'm not hugely confident!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @JulesM

Let us know if you're on the usual network name or 5GHz if you still have issues

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
666Zero

I've been having the same problem as described in this thread since switching from TalkTalk a couple of months ago. Broadband isn't stable enough to play games or load web pages so we have to switch to mobile data a lot of the time. Connections to Google Home & Chromecast devices are lost after a minute or so, although streaming generally works very well.