Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection speed dramatically dropped

robf
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Connection speed dramatically dropped

Hello  

I fear my connection has become banded again.

Router rebooted this morning right in the middle of a meeting and now I'm getting download speeds of 19 with 2.4 up!

I had a similar issue a few months back:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Some-assistance-please/m-p/1838561#M128770

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Best,

Rob.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Connection speed dramatically dropped

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry to see you're having speed issues again.

I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any issues.

Are you still having issues today and were you testing on a device over WiFi or that's wired to your router? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
robf
Dabbler

Apologies for the late reply @Gandalf - I'm almost resigned to the fact I need to cancel the contract and go elsewhere at the moment.........

I get a disconnect  every day in the early hours of the morning. If it reconnects at over 40 then I know I'm in for a world of pain for a few days as it'll disconnect during work hours and re-connect at 27 - 30 mark with the upstream halved - it's not great for working with, especially with teenagers in the house.

I'm currently stuck with a downstream of 30 and an up of 3.28. When I was with BT, download speeds were always at a constant 34 with disconnects kept to a minimum.

If you can help it would be much appreciated, but this issue seems to repeat itself.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @robf

I'm really sorry to see you're having connection & speed issues still. I've tested your line today and the tests are showing a high resistance fault now, so I'd like to arrange an Openreach engineer appointment with you to investigate further. Could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for a visit?

If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
robf
Dabbler

Hi

Many thanks!

I've got an Engineer visit booked for early next week.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share this with you incase it helps with diagnostics - Had a re-connect at over 40 during the night, fully expect it to drop to the mid twenties by lunchtime.

Best,

Rob.

Image 27-01-2022 at 09.25.jpg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me Rob and cheers for sharing the stats.

At this stage, I don't think it'd make much difference, but let me know how the engineer visit goes. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet