Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems

Ry2812
Dabbler

Connection problems

Hi

I have been having problems with my fibre broadband disconnecting at random times. I was advised by Plusnet to connect to the test socket. I have done this. I had no disconnections for several days.

I had a disconnection yesterday and had no internet connection at 7.45 am this morning. I raised a ticket and have carried out everything as requested.

Where to now?

18 REPLIES 18
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Connection problems

Hi @Ry2812, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're continuing to have connection issues as of recent even after running through the advised internal checks. I've looked into this and have updated the fault ticket on your account with information that requires your attention and can be seen here.
(Please note you may need to log into the member center prior to clicking the ticket link in order to add a comment.)
Feel free to get back to us on here once you've updated the fault ticket with the required information and we'll happily look into picking up and progressing this further for you.

Ry2812
Dabbler

Hi

Thanks for your reply.In an attempt to avoid having to pay £65 call out charge I have done the following

Connected the micro filter supplied by Plusnet, into the test socket and connected the modem and router. I now don’t have my home phone connected.

I will monitor the connection.

Ry2812
Dabbler

Update

Another disconnection tonight at approx 22.15. This would suggest that the fault is not my wiring.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Ry2812 

Can you log into your account and respond to the ticket 213781631 with when you'd be free for an engineer visit?

If you can post back afterwards we'll be happy to make sure that's picked up as soon as we can

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ry2812
Dabbler

Hi

I've just had another disconnection. Regarding the BT engineer visit I am available anytime. I have also responded via the open ticket.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Ry2812 

Before we arrange an engineer, are you still using the Openreach modem and Technicolor router we've sent long ago? If so it's definitely worth replacing them for newer equipment in case either one of them are the cause of the fault.

I'll be happy to send you an all in one modem router (Hub One) if you'd want

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ry2812
Dabbler

Before we arrange an engineer, are you still using the Openreach modem and Technicolor router we've sent long ago? If so it's definitely worth replacing them for newer equipment in case either one of them are the cause of the fault.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Could you send me the Hub One and I will see if this resolves the matter. I have also replied via the open ticket.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Ry2812 

I've arranged that now and you should receive the Hub One shortly.

Let us know how it goes once you've got it Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ry2812
Dabbler

Hi

This morning my broadband speed was very slow. Logged into router and at 9.35 am it stated xDSL linestate down. What does this mean?

Thanks

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It means that the router is not in sync with the cabinet.

Are you now using the Hub One?  If yes, what colour is the light?

Is there noise on the phone line?

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ry2812
Dabbler

Hi

I'm still using the old Technicolour router, the new Hub One has been dispatched today. Just did a speed test and getting 53/18 now.

I’ll wait for new Hub and follow your tips on checking for noise.

Thanks

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

In which case, scrub my previous response - I'm an idiot!

You are still using the separate BTOR modem so the router will not see xDSL at all, so the router reporting xDSL down is not a concern, for it connects to the internet over an ethernet connection to the BTOR modem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ry2812
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply. You’re out an idiot. You were trying to be helpful😁

Ry2812
Dabbler

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Could you send me the Hub One and I will see if this resolves the matter. I have also replied via the open ticket.

Thanks

Update

Hub arrived today. I’ve connected via micro filter to the test socket and have home phone connected.I’ll monitor and advise of any disconnections