cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems with World of Warcraft

Ilyarin

Re: Connection problems with World of Warcraft

Also registered to add my voice to this. Constantly unable to move between zones, and I've been unable to log in for the last hour. After tweeting their customer support team I got a copy-paste response about the issues they've had this morning, and completely ignoring the fact that the issues have been happening for the last 2 weeks. I'm seriously considering raising a complaint that I cannot use the service for the reason I purchased it, and looking for another provider.

David1985

smoothest launch of an expansion ever they said, unless youre a plusnet customer

"world server is down" (its not)

branson gonna make a few quid over the weekend

digyen

I am another user of plusnet and [-Censored-]hed off at the lack of support on this matter.

Waited long enough for next xpac just to have the experience ruined by poor quality of internet and nonexistent customer support on this issue
jrobertson90

Made an account to also add a voice. The game has been like this for me almost a month now. Can't login without exiting and retrying until I hit lucky, then I can't actually play the main game when I am because of the lag that seems to be coming from Plusnet. 

For me, it happens all times of the day. it's noticeable worse in the weekday evenings though.

Would like an update

Chessier
Hooked

Im having exactly the same issues as everyone else. Id like to register my complaint and frankly if I werent locked into 12 more months contract I'd be gone. Online gaming especially wow is an important part of my life and socialization. This problem is separating me from many dear and close friends and too add insult to injury im paying for it.

valkyrie9mm

Adding my voice to the crowd. Definitely more prevalent during peak periods. I need to hear an answer/update soon before I change provider. 

Havel
Grafter

@Chessier wrote:

Online gaming especially wow is an important part of my life and socialization. This problem is separating me from many dear and close friends and too add insult to injury im paying for it.

Same here, Chessier. I'm housebound due to illness and WoW is one of the few ways I actually get to interact with people and have fun. I haven't been able to do that today.

digyen

Well had a few good hours of wow tonight and was starting to think they may have sorted the issue but hey at 11.45 pm "World Server Down" damn you plusnet get this sorted you have over a week to fix it 

Gorby
Hooked

I've been reporting issues to the tech team on chat for about 2 weeks now regarding the connection to World of Warcraft. Some agents tell me it's a Blizzard problem, some tell me they are aware of an issue and it's being looked at, I'm due to upgrade to fibre next week, but now looking at cancelling and going with someone else due to the terrible customer service.

Do me proud? Think not.

Chessier
Hooked

Will a static IP help and if so how do I get one and what will it cost?

Chessier
Hooked

10/09/2016 @ 09:12

This is an update to the earlier posts regarding some customers experiencing packet loss and slow speeds.

Our engineers continued to work through the night on resolving the underlying cause of the problem, and we believe that the issue may be resolved.

We are still continuing to monitor the service, as such we will leave this status open.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

Plusnet Help

So if your still having trouble its time to let them know......again. 

valkyrie9mm

Soon as I logged in this morning I had the problem straight away. Will see how it goes through the day, but my expectations are not high.

Chessier
Hooked

Wow was "World server down" this morning even though friends were happily on it. Test show again plusnet is losing the connection somehow so I went for a static IP, Another £5 I wont see again and it galled me to pay it but I'm desperate.

Wow did work better after the static IP was assigned, lots more testing and time to say its a fix. Downside is I lost 10m in download speed Ping and upload we're unaffected. 

valkyrie9mm

Nope, not worked, Instance not found again. I'm not waiting in a 45 min queue on the phone to plusnet either...

Gorby
Hooked

Had this problem also since 2 days before launch :(. Spoke to tech chat about 6 times - each with a different answer, first denying any problem existed, then the problem was at Blizzards end and now finally today "Plusnet are aware of the problem and people are looking into it". I'm going to keep reporting the problem daily until things get fixed. I suggest people do the same on twitter / facebook / chat and maybe they'll escalate things.