cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems with World of Warcraft

Chessier
Hooked

Re: Connection problems with World of Warcraft

Used the web based chat client, they uploaded new Data to my router. Now all is fine. We will see how it fairs later
KS25
Grafter

what do you mean they uploaded new data? can you elaborate?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

web use is better, could be more snappy... wow is worse, stuck on character login regardless of clearing cache or changing server

has there been any update about this specifically?

Chessier
Hooked

what do you mean they uploaded new data? can you elaborate?

After I got the static IP apparently my router needed to have a new profile Uploaded (Even though that wasn't mentioned at all on the static IP page) 

Right now performance is still fine although it dropped once completely.

KS25
Grafter

i've read that your profile gets reset when you get a static IP, so it needed to be put back at normal speeds

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Chessier
Hooked

Exactly right.      

amazing that I now think a few hours and just one drop is perfectly fine performance!

KS25
Grafter

@Chessier wrote:

i've read that your profile gets reset when you get a static IP, so it needed to be put back at normal speeds

Exactly right.      

amazing that I now think a few hours and just one drop is perfectly fine performance!

if a static IP fixes the problem, i'd rather not pay for it as they routinely up the price of my package anyway... it should be free should it be found that it's warranted

F1D
Dabbler

Adding my voice to this too.

I thought it was just my wifi connection, but multiple speed tests bring back excellent speeds.

I have the same problem where half the time it doesn't log in... yet if I hit cancel and try again it then logs in pretty quickly! Same going from one area to the next... it just hangs at the very last bit - or does nothing at all. Yet a restart and it works fine the next time.

Are plus net doing anything about it?

glasstewty

3rd day now with static IP, not had a single loading screen issue in wow. Abit of lag in the evenings due to prime time i suppose, but a restart sorts it.

Ketchie

I wonder if they are going to compensate us for this. It is getting ridiculous/worse now can't even log in without repeated attempts lasting 30+ minutes.

valkyrie9mm

I bit the bullet and begrudgingly stumped up the fiver for the static IP. I haven't had any problems since doing so. £5 isn't much to pay so I can play my game again, but bit annoying that I'm paying for something I'm already paying for...

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

If the only way to fix this is to apply a Fixed IP ,, PN should give it FREE !!!

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
adrianharvey72

Connection problems in WoW too. Online help here was useless "reset your router your connection is fine". It is on everything else, but I get "transfer aborted: instance not found" and "world server is down" when clearly its not and friends not on PlusNet are playing without problems. Will be switching to another provider once my contract runs out.

Chessier
Hooked

I dont just think we are due reimbursement of the static ip fee (or free if you haven't done it yet). but we should also get a free month of our Internet. I've easily lost the equivalent to a monthly fee  in time spent trying to deal with this issue pointless subscriptions I cant use because the service is so poor ect ect. In short, who do we need to e-mail? Please knowone suggest I spend more time on the phone or waiting for response in a web chat I think we've all had to do too much of that already.

Sion40k
Hooked

Starting to really get annoyed at travelling somewhere via flight master and getting this -

WoWScrnShot_091116_111922.jpg

F1D
Dabbler

Yep same here... it usually fixes itself when it reloads but still sometimes it has to do that 2-3 times so I just quit out and load again.

I really do think someone from PlusNet needs to respond to this chain, I can't see anything already...