Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems with WIFI on New Fibre Router

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Connection problems with WIFI on New Fibre Router

@ceedy
meastaugh is using the TG582n, absolutely no relation to the 2704n issues.
@meastaugh
That's unusual for the TG582n, it sounds as though you may be getting some interference issues. Try this http://192.168.1.254/WIFI_Analyzer.lp (login needed) and see what other wireless stuff is showing (assuming you are on the 10.2.5.2 firmware), otherwise put a wifi analyser app on one of your devices (several free ones about) to see what other networks are around you, it may be a simple case of changing to a less congested channel.
You could also download the last free version of inSSIDer - later versions have to be paid for.
@gwagstaff
You were asked here if your Sky box had built-in Wifi or was it an external adapter. It would be nice to know just for future reference.
ceedy
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
@ceedy
meastaugh is using the TG582n, absolutely no relation to the 2704n issues.

My comment still stands ,  tis my fault for never mentioning in my previous words...
that  I did start with a 2704  but this was replaced  with a technicolor TG582   and no real change..  Embarrassed
dick:green Quote fixed.
gwagstaff
Dabbler

Reference reply #30 - I dont have a sky box.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Thanks gwagstaff. Your reply here made alhenderson and myself think you had. No problem.
@ceedy
Quote from: ceedy
My comment still stands ,  tis my fault for never mentioning in my previous words...
that  I did start with a 2704  but this was replaced  with a technicolor TG582  and no real change..  Embarrassed

Understood, but I still think the comment could mislead, as any problem with the 2704n (as a device) is NOT related to a problem with the TG582n (as a device) especially if running 10.2.5.2. firmware. The common factor here seems to be Wireless and you weren't getting an issue with your TP link if I understood your reply #17 correctly. That leaves me with 3 possibilities, that I can think of at present, taking your reply #9 into consideration - Interference and/or signal strength on the channels that were being used with the 2704n and TG582n or maybe the number of wireless devices connected which can be an issue with some routers but IIRC the TG582n wasn't one with that number of devices.
Try the suggestion I made for meastaugh in reply #30 to see what your local wifi environment is like.
Also, you didn't mention, but I assume you checked just to eliminate the possibility, that you weren't using Avast on any PCs?