Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems again!!!!

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Connection problems again!!!!

As anyone who has been here for a while will know, my line has had problems over several years. Eventually I end up getting an engineer visit and they seem to sort things for a while but within a few months there are problems again.

After a period of relative stability, the last couple of weeks have seen quite a few drops and the sync speed crawling downwards.

Can someone have a look at my line please to see if there is anything there. There is sometimes a little noise on a QLT and my wife has been complaining recently of interference on calls (I don't use the landline) but I am not sure whether this is the line or interference on the wireless handset - although it has not been a problem previously.

Thanks

PT

9 REPLIES 9
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: Connection problems again!!!!

Hi @PhyllisTyne

I am sorry to hear about problems with your services. I have tested your line and there is a fault.

It was already raised to Openreach and should be fixed within 48 hours. You can find more details on this ticket.

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Cheers @Tibzor 

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Hi @Tibzor 

Has this been fixed? My ticket says it should have been done yesterday but has dropped again this morning and sync speed is still only 40.

PT

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @PhyllisTyne

Thanks for getting back in  touch. I can see that fault agent was trying to reach you yesterday and that you've already answered to fault ticket. I have now arrange engineer visit as engineer who was there on 18th was unable to complete this work. Based on his notes fault is located towards your premises.

You can view this ticket here

Please accept apologies for this ongoing inconvenience.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Hi @Tibzor 

Things have been a little better since engineer visit but I am still getting drops. Sync speed looks quite a bit higher than usual since the last drop = 66/16 but speed test showing 44 which is a bit slower than usual.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

@Tibzor 

dropped again

now synched at 70/17. It has never been anywhere near that high. something weird going on.

PT

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @PhyllisTyne

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Thank you for your reply @tinytaco , although standard/template responses aren't usually very helpful in the forum. Most of us who have been here for some time know about fault reporting. I will report if needs be. However, at the moment I am more interested in discussing the bizarre behaviour of my line and what the issue might be - synching at speeds never before experienced and beyond any expectations. This might also provide useful information for others who use this forum.

PT

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Not happy, seem to be getting nowhere. Wildly swinging sync and download speeds with some syncs way above what the line has ever produced. PN trying to suggest the line is ok and within expected range and that wifi interference might be the cause - which seems clutching at straws and highly unlikely.

Just had yet another drop and wild swing in Sync and speeds. Syncing at nearly 70 two days ago which is massively above anything previously experienced and now down to 35 after yet another drop - I do not think either of these are within the expected range for my line. I do not believe any interference on wifi channels is likely to cause this. The channel I am on has worked well for a long time and scanning shows it still to be the least congested. The 2.4 and 5GHz bands are separated. I am using a HH6. Previous tests reverting to my hub one have shown no change to my connectivity / line issues. This has been an ongoing problem for years and needs to be sorted.

Does anyone, PN or otherwise, have an idea why I might be experiencing such wild out of kilter syncs?

Thanks

PT