cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problem, poor customer service.

Silverfish

Connection problem, poor customer service.

Hello
My internet download speed dropped from 73mbps to around 60kbps (kilobits-per-second!) last night. Upload and latency were fine (17mbps and 17ms). Tonight the connection was completely unusable for browsing (I could still ping some sites).
I have tried rebooting my Thompson router and Huawei VDSL box; no change. Problems occur with wired and wireless connections over several devices.
I’ve tried resetting the Thompson to default; no change. I can only guess it's the connection because I can't get hold of anyone at Plusnet to diagnose the problem.
I was in the queue on the phone and live chat for 45 minutes tonight, I got down to 4 in the queue on live chat before getting told there is no one available to chat at about 10:15pm and it became quite obvious that no one was going to answer the phone either.
I'm sure last time I had a problem at night there were people around until midnight or later (24hr support?). Even if it's now closing at 10pm it's not good form to just disconnect people who were already queueing long before then.
I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to raise a ticket as I really don't have hours to waste listening to hold music tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Connection problem, poor customer service.

Start here  http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/broadband-faults-guide-fttc/
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Silverfish

Re: Connection problem, poor customer service.

Thanks, but it fixed itself anyway.