cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection last for about 20 seconds

Atomiclampshade

Connection last for about 20 seconds

For the last four days, my connection only lasts about 20 seconds, then disconnects. Light goes from blue to orange with the broadband red light coming on. I have reset everything several times and logged on to the router for a manual reset several times. WAN box has all green lights. Telephone line is Ok. I raised a question regarding this on Wednesday, but other than we are running tests and will be in touch, I have heard nothing. I cannot ring the help desk as I have an irrational phobia of telephones. Any one got any ideas
2 REPLIES 2
StevenBerry43

Re: Connection last for about 20 seconds

I live in Golcar, Huddersfield. Since I got an email 4days ago saying my service has now been improved. It's completely the opposite and in fact, is the exact same as above! If this carries on Plusnet I'll be calling up puttting in a claim because I'm not paying for a service I'm not receiving....
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Connection last for about 20 seconds

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

Your connection doesn't look too good:

Testing your line isn't identifying a definitive cause of that.

Have you tried plugging your router into the test socket? This would help rule out all internal wiring.

It may also be worth trying a different router if you can too.

@StevenBerry43

Sorry to hear that. Your connection is also fairly intermittent.

Line tests are detecting a potential fault so I'd recommend reporting this to us at http://faults.plus.net

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet