cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping

waribai
Hooked

Connection keeps dropping

I am getting frequent connections drops only for less than a minute but still it is affecting video calls. Could you run a check on my line?

I am using a BT Smart Hub 6 as my plusnet issued hubone could not reach through the walls upstairs.... Should I replace my smart hub 6 with a plusnet hub 2?

3 REPLIES 3
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Connection keeps dropping

Hiya @waribai,

I'm really sorry to hear that your connection is dropping and for the hassle this is causing.

I have checked your connection and I can only see 3 drops in 14 days on my side and all testing has come back clear.

Can you look at the diagram and tell me if the connection is dropping more than you see there? and if so, is this on a wired or wireless connection?

connection

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
waribai
Hooked

Yes, it happened even outside those times and the Friday one was me resetting the router. My partner's MacBook was fine. So, clearly, it wasn't a problem with the line. I have upgraded to Windows 11 and all seems fine now. Maybe it was just an out-of-date driver?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @waribai and I'm glad that the issues you were having appear to have resolved themselves following your software update. 

Let us know if you have any further issues at all and we'll be more than happy to help. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds