cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping

dgj
Hooked

Connection keeps dropping

I have had Plusnet broadband for about 6 months now, for the past few days the internet connection has been dropping regularly (2-3 times an hour sometimes). It is usually only for a couple of minutes at a time but it's happening increasingly frequently. I have done the basic checks recommended (router is plugged into the master socket using the filter). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Connection keeps dropping

Hi @dgj,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your connection. I've tested the line and whilst we can see the connection is dropping out, we're unable to see what's causing this to occur. Please could you try setting the router up into the test socket in the property, to see if this makes any difference? For reference, we have a guide on how to do this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
dgj
Hooked

Hi, I plugged the router into the test socket this morning (and have left it in there for the rest of the day). It's been better since than but has dropped out once so I'm not sure if it's fixed.

dgj
Hooked

I plugged the router into the test socket this morning (have left it plugged in since then). It has been better but has still dropped out a couple of times, including just now when I tried to post this message.. So I'm not sure that it's fixed. Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @dgj

I'm glad to see your connection's been better while your router has been in the test socket.

How have things been the last few days since then?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dgj
Hooked

It has still dropped out a couple of times today so I don't feel it's completely fixed. Is there anything else I can do? I work from home and it's really difficult when I can't rely on my internet connection!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @dgj

I'm sorry to see you're still having issues.

I've tested your line and the tests are showing a high resistance fault we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to resolve. 

Can you raise a fault to us at faults.plus.net and in the notes box at the end, please tell us when you'd be free for an engineer visit. The available timeslots are weekdays (and occasionally Saturday's) 8am while 1pm, or 1pm while 6pm. This means we'll be able to arrange an engineer straight away once we've picked the fault up.

If you can post back once you've raised the fault, we'll make sure it is picked back up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dgj
Hooked

Hi Anoush,

I was hoping this had resolved itself as the connection seemed better on Monday and Tuesday, but it's been dropping out regularly again yesterday and today so I've now raised a fault.

Thanks,

Posy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @dgj Ah I'm sorry to see you're still having issues. I've picked the fault up for you now and I've booked an engineer visit. I've updated the ticket on your account Here with the appointment details. Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet