cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping

Shebumkin

Connection keeps dropping

My net connection keeps cutting out. Sometimes I'll be granted a few hours between drops, other times it'll be barely a couple of minutes. This continues throughout the day, though seems to be more common at peak times.

When connection is dropped, the bar flashes orange for a few minutes, before remaining solid orange. The broadband light then comes on, again in orange, and finally the light turns blue. For a little while.

I've followed all of the basic advice for troubleshooting the connection.

I raised a ticket about this issue the day after it first ocurred, on Monday 5th. The ticket has been passed back and forth, is still marked as awaiting a support team answer, and contains information suggesting that it's been passed between various teams. The ticket also states the following:

Thanks for reporting your broadband problem

Our tests have found a fault with your broadband service.

You've given us all the information we need about your problem, we'll raise this to our supplier for investigation.

A Ticket has been raised to our Faults Team to monitor the problem and we'll be in touch when we have an update for you. In the meantime:

1. Leave your equipment plugged in and powered up.
  2. Make sure you've given us a contact number we can reach you on (we'll keep you updated about your problem by text message).

If there's any change to the problem you're having please get in touch with us.

As well as:

Your Response
4:36pm, Monday 5 Aug 2019
The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Thursday 8th August at 4:00pm. This ticket will remain open with the CSC - FTTC Faults - Intermittent until this time.
Script User - Automated Script Pool

Your fault Ticket has now been taken off hold.

This has now been forwarded to the relevant support team. We will carry on investigating your problem and your open fault will be updated as soon as more information is available.

[INTERNAL]

Ticket now off hold. Please action.
Script User - Automated Script Pool

The Question 192834791 has been released from hold and sent back to CSC - FTTC Faults - Intermittent

I haven't really received any info or updates and I'm very much in the dark as to what the problem is. I'd appreciate some help with righting this, as these problems have been persisting for over a week now.

I can post my event log if it might help, but there's just hundred of entries in there.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Connection keeps dropping

Hi @ Shebumkin,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received an update about your fault since you raised it last week, from what you've described it did not appear to have been progressed on our supplier's systems. I appreciate this has caused you some concern, please accept my apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

I've looked into this and have responded to the ticket here with information about the engineer, please can you ensure the time is okay as soon as you can to ensure there is no further delay to resolving this for you. You do not need to respond if the date and time is satisfactory.

Thanks - LF

Shebumkin

Hello there! Thank you so much for actioning this, I really appreciate it.

My ticket states that an Engineer will visit on Thursday 16th of August. Please can you clarify which day the engineer will attend, as the 16th of August is Friday. Either day is fine, I simply need to know in advance.

Thank you!
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ Shebumkin,

Thanks for getting back to me with that glaring error. Sorry, that's my bad.

It's obvious my two days off at the start of the week has got to me somehow! Yes it is definitely the 16th for the engineer and you've rightly pointed out that that is Friday. I was thinking today was Tuesday, which it probably still is in some parallel universe. But then again I wouldn't be at work, would I?

Thanks - LF