cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping unable to watch a single programme

pippaliciousj

Connection keeps dropping unable to watch a single programme

Hi all, 

Im newly registered here but a long term plusnet customer. 

My fibre broadband which I've had for about 2 years now (I think lol) keeps dropping but now since last night, it's so frequent I cant watch a single programme. It's like those comedians who would pretend their mics are playing up.

We reset the router and cleared the cache on my internet network on my laptop (no idea if this was meant to be done) but it's still doing it. Help!!

Please note, I'm so not a teccchy person and I:grin have fibromyalgia so amongst chronic pain and fatigue as symptoms, my brain doesnt focus well or hold much information so please reply in simplest terms!! Lol thanks in advance!!! Grin

4 REPLIES 4
ashyt16
Grafter

Re: Connection keeps dropping unable to watch a single programme

The first thing you should do is get shut of the Plusnet router if you are still using it. You can do this cheaply by purchasing an Openreach modem and separate router or buy a fibre modem/router. I did the former and it fixed all my issues.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

try running a couple of   speed tests here  Does the speed shown match (nearly) what is shown  here.  You'll have to log in to your main plusnet account to see it.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi pippaliciousj,

@pippaliciousj wrote:

My fibre broadband which I've had for about 2 years now (I think lol) keeps dropping but now since last night, it's so frequent I cant watch a single programme. I

Are you watching a Youview TV box or on a Laptop computer?

Are you connecting to your router via WiFi when dropouts occur?

There could be several reasons for your TV dropouts, the most common being congested WiFi spectrum at your locality, a faulty router,  a fault with the telephone wiring in your house, a new source of interference to the Broadband signal,  or a fault with the phone line between the Fibre cab and your house.

Can you establish whether the internet connection is sill working (or not) whilst the TV is cutting out?

Are there any lights on router to indicate that it is connected (or not)?

Reagrds

Richard

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

The questions from RichardB are very good, please do let us know when you've been able to check in to them and reply.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.