Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping & Broadband Speed has capped

Randomlady
Dabbler

Connection keeps dropping & Broadband Speed has capped

Hi, 

Wondering if i could get some help and hopefully someone could put in a request to check my Line.

About 2 weeks ago my connection kept dropping out very very frequently the internet light on my router just cut out, then came back on again and i had internet access then about 10 minutes later dropped out this was occurring mostly at night and occasionally through the day id say the connection was dropping out maybe 10 times a day. Slowly it became less and less maybe going into once or twice a day past 3-4 days it's been fine hasn't cut out. 

However now my speed will not go over 30Mb before this was happening i was getting over 60Mb constantly.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Connection keeps dropping & Broadband Speed has capped

Hi @Randomlady, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of your speed issues.

On checking the line, we're detecting an issue that is likely going to need an engineer to resolve and so we'd ask that you raise a fault at faults.plus.net.

If you can let us know here when you've done so, we'll progress the issue as quickly as possible.

Randomlady
Dabbler

Hi,

Thank you for your help, I have reported the issue through the link you have provided.

I also want to add that my phone line when answering the phone is crackling and lots of noise.

Thanks

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Randomlady 

I have replied to the fault ticket here requesting a bot more information so we can get this raised to our supplier.

Could you please reply to the ticket with the detail requested? 

Give us a shout on here once you have done so and we will pick this up accordingly. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Randomlady
Dabbler

Hi,

The engineer came round and fitted new cable all round the house and a new master socket as he said the wiring i had was really old and it should of been updated long ago apparently it wasn't even suited for fibre it was 40+ years old anyway he tested the line and my speeds went back up to 60+Mb. This was on Wednesday however last night my internet cut out 3 times and also my speeds are now back down to 35Mb.

Would it be possible to have another GEA Test please on my line ?

Thanks

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Randomlady, testing is still showing speeds above 50Mbps, however a potential external fault is also flagging up, I'm raising this with our suppliers and our faults team will provide updates via the ticket on the account once we receive updates from our suppliers.

I hope this helps.

EDIT:

The previous fault report hasn't closed yet, and this is only giving an option to book an appointment

I'm contacting our suppliers to see if we can proceed without booking an appointment for an engineer to visit the property.

I'll respond via the ticket on the account shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet