cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

Will31
Hooked

Connection issues

For the last 24 hours, my connection has been dropping out constantly. The hub flashes red for a few minutes, then turns back to blue for a few minutes and the process starts again. I've looked through the forums, checked the service updates but I'm not seeing any issues. I'm on Unlimited fibre extra, the hub is high up and located centrally and connected directly into the master socket using th ADSL filter box supplied. Are there any issues on the plusnet end and is anyone else having connection issues. Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Corrn12
Hooked

Re: Connection issues

Same problem here, made a post about it last night also but no reply so far.
Shebumkin

This has been affecting me since Thursday, with repeated disconnects ranging from hours apart to no more than a couple of minutes. Use of my internet service has been impossible to use at all when at its worst, particularly in the evenings. I've had an open ticket bumped around various departments but no contact or explanation yet as to what's happening.

Will31
Hooked

Thanks you both for the replies and good to see they've looked at your issue Corrn12. It looks like you've had similar issues to me although my connection has been pretty ok for the last few hours. I wished they'd check into it though.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Will31 

I've taken a look at your connection and I can see the drop outs - there are much more than we would expect for a healthy line. 

I ran a few tests, and regrettably, found no fault which would cause this to happen. 

Can you run through our troubleshooting guides here .

If that doesn't help, the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket (which is under the faceplate of your master socket) and seeing if the drops stop.

This rules out your internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause of these drops.

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists, please can you raise a fault here 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Will31
Hooked

I’ve ran through the troubleshooting, plugged in behind the face plate of the master socket and the connection is still dropping. I can’t speak for the hours of 7am to 4pm but it’s dropped out 3 times in the last 20 minutes.
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hiya @Will31

I can see the drops are still occurring.

Can you raise a fault following the link @MasterOfReality gave above, letting us know here on the forums when you have done so.

Will31
Hooked

The link didn’t work but I’ve managed to report a fault. Now my broadband is off again and there’s no dial tone on my land line. I’ve plugged my house phone directly into the master socket but no joy.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Will31

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've just checked your account and can see that you regained connection around 18 hours ago and that there are no external faults with your service.

How are things looking from your side?

Best wishes

Dave

Will31
Hooked

Over the last 48 hours the connection has been terrible, constant drop outs. 3 times in the last 10 minutes. I'm seriously considering early cancellation at this point. 

edit, I still haven't received a reply from the last time i reported a fault either. I'm guessing when it's looked into it'll show no faults in the network. 

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi there @Will31,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear of the connection issues you have been experiencing. I can see the previous issue you raised on 17th August was responded to here earlier however we were waiting a response from you as nothing was found at the time of our response.

With regards to the connection, I can see a number of drops over the last few days. Before we raise this as a fault and in order to ensure the fault can be reported to our suppliers as current, please can you run through the troubleshooting steps here.

These steps include plugging into the test socket beneath the faceplate to see if the drops continue, and will rule out any internal wiring or the sockets themselves as being behind any interference or drops. The test socket procedure can also be found here.

If the problem still persists, please can you come back to us via this ticket and let us know here once you have done so.

Thanks - LF

Will31
Hooked

Thanks for the reply. I have replied via the ticket. 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Will31,

Thanks for getting back to us. I've reviewed the ticket and sent a further response now. Please let us know once you've had the chance to respond so that we can pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team