cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues in Wateringbury, kent?

PeteM
Grafter

Connection issues in Wateringbury, kent?

Hi,

I'm being disconnected roughly once every 20 - 30 minutes, It's been happening since approx Saturday Afternoon.

Anyone else have the same issue in Wateringbury/Maidstone/West Malling Area?

I did have the router off for 2 days as I was out of the house, if that's anything to do with it?

Download / upload speeds seem fine when it's up 🙂

Cheers,

Peter

23 REPLIES 23
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Connection issues in Wateringbury, kent?

Hi there, 

I've just been running diagnostics on your line which don't highlight any obvious causes but I can see the connection is dropping out frequently

The router being off for two days shouldn't have caused that but we do advise against powering it off and back on freqnently which can cause automated line management to assume there's a fault and restring speeds. 

I'd try following the checks here next: https://goo.gl/tu2WWu

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
PeteM
Grafter

Thanks Adam,

Modem plugged into master socket, only one other socket in use, both with microfilters and the dial tone is clear. Did have a 1571 message waiting tone, but can't imagine that would have made a difference.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @PeteM

How'd you get on with this?

Any improvement?

Thanks,

Dave

PeteM
Grafter

Hi,

Yeah , after my last post, think I had two disconnections in half an hour and since then, it's been fine - maybe a few more over the day but nowhere near what it was.

Cheers,

Pete

PeteM
Grafter

Apologies for digging this out of the grave.

Any issues around the Kent area? Last few days I've been constantly kicked out. Nothing changed this end, router always on, master socket etc etc.?
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @PeteM,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm sorry to hear that your connection is dropping. I've tested your line but it's not picking up the cause of this issue.

Please can you run through our troubleshooting guides here. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if the issue persists after you've done the troubleshooting checks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
PeteM
Grafter

Thanks Emily,

Router is in master socket, microfilters in, no line noise.

Connection appears up now, has been for s couple of hours, but earlier this evening disconnected at least 3 times in succession. As it did yesterday, and earlier in the week.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Pete. Are you able to try a different router? Or connect a laptop or computer directly into the Openreach modem setting up a PPPoE connection as explained here?

This will help narrow down where the issue lies.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PeteM
Grafter

Hi,

Yep, can do both of those things over the weekend. For reference, I've just got back home and it's disconnected twice since 6pm, and has currently been completely out for 5 or so minutes and counting.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Our tests are actually now showing a external issue so I wouldn't recommend going through these steps at this moment in time.

We've raised it for further investigation and we'll update you when we know more

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PeteM
Grafter

Hi,

I had a openreach guy turn up on Saturday and change the plate on the master socket, and alter some wiring outside.

He asked me to log if there are further issues - the connection has just dropped for a minute or so, also dropped yesterday and Sunday.

Currently up, but would imagine line drops will happen again every day.
PeteM
Grafter

And dropped again, for 30 seconds or so.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Peter.

Sorry to hear it looks like you're still having connection issues.

Line tests aren't showing the cause of that now but I've passed the fault back to our suppliers to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PeteM
Grafter

Hi,

Just had Openreach out, unfortunately I wasn't in and my partner fielded the engineer.

He's not found any faults (but has fixed a wire coming into the property), and is advising a new router.

My router is a Netgear N600 that up until these issues started a month or so back, has been fine. Can a router physically instruct the openreach modem to drop the internet? That seems to be what the openreach guy is suggesting?

Cheers,

Pete