Connection intermittently dropping

FIXED
Wight25
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Connection intermittently dropping

Hi there,

Could some one at plus net please look at my line,

My connection keeps dropping every few days. Im currently in the test sockets with the microfilter provided and the connection is still dropping every so often.

i did find this in the event viewer: ( 13.350000) Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x2)

Could plus net please advise the next step please.

6 REPLIES 6
Wight25
Hooked

Re: Connection intermittently dropping

if any one on the fourm could advise on that error message it would be a great help Smiley

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I had that error but never really got a resolution apart from replacing the router.

Bad dog!

Wight25
Hooked

yeah im thinking of buying a 3rd party router tomorrow.

Wight25
Hooked

well ive bought another router to see if this solves the problem. Ive bought a Asus AC68U. its been a pig to set up and had to revert to be a bit of googling, i ended up on the plus net fourms and found people with the same router for connection settings.

Could some one who has a vast knowledge of routers check out my screen shot and see if my settings are ok?

Many thanks

Wight25
Hooked

please note SRA is now enabled, i checked over the settings and found this needed to be turned on.

edit: DLA is turned off as i dont want anything to conflict with BTO DLM.

Wight25
Hooked

Fix

Ive reverted back to the plus net router for now, after doing some further research ive found that if the DSL settings are wrong it could cause issues with the line? Ive allways thought stuff like that can only be done at the exchange and not at the end user side, It seems crazy that Asus put options like this in the DSL settings.

Plusnet, with refrence to my photo and my further comments, are those settings okay? or do you have any further advice?