cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection has been unstable and delivering 1/3 of my contracted speeds for weeks.

FIXED
Youngsie97
Grafter

Connection has been unstable and delivering 1/3 of my contracted speeds for weeks.

My connection has been having faults for about three weeks now I was really busy so didn't have time to deal with it but I now have spare time and it is clearly not getting any better.

I have provided an image of the vdsl status as provided by my draytek vigor 130 modem.

image.png

I believe the faults to be caused by roadworks in the area and that they will require an OR engineer to be sent out.

Thank you for your time.

11 REPLIES 11
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Connection has been unstable and delivering 1/3 of my contracted speeds for weeks.

Then why not report a fault?

faults.plus.net or give them a call.

Youngsie97
Grafter

Re: Connection has been unstable and delivering 1/3 of my contracted speeds for weeks.

I will raise a fault via the url provided thank you.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Youngsie97,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your connection. I've reviewed the account and upon testing the line we've discovered an external landline fault, which I've logged onto the Fault Ticket you've raised here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Youngsie97
Grafter

My connection was fixed and appears to be stable now.

I commented on the ticket I would like to discuss compensation but have not received a response.

I believe I should be owed compensation as least for the week it took to solve the issue if not for the three weeks I have evidence of way bellow minimum speeds.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for reaching out @Youngsie97

I've just popped a note on the open Ticket if you'd like to have a look. Let me know on here once you've responded to it and I'll pop back into the account to have a look.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Youngsie97
Grafter

You have offered me compensation for broadband but are claiming you wont credit me anything for line rental as there was no fault with the phone line however if you read a post above last you will see acknowledgement that there's an external line-fault that needed to be fixed and I saw open reach working on my connection and spoke to them, so how can there exist no issues with the phone line?.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Youngsie97, thanks for getting back to us. I can see the reply you've sent through on the fault ticket and I have updated this further for you which can be seen here:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=218155594

Please give us a nudge on here after replying to the ticket as we'll happily pick this up and progress it further for you.

Youngsie97
Grafter

Hi ben I appreciate you replying on the weekend, I have sent a response.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi @Youngsie97, you're very welcome and thanks for getting back to me on here. I've seen your reply on the ticket and have commented on this further.
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=218155594
Feel free to drop me a message on here further after replying to the ticket and we'll look to pick up and progress this further for you.

Youngsie97
Grafter

My problem has been resolved thank you for your help.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's great to hear @Youngsie97. If there's anything we can help you with moving forwards then please don't hesitate getting back in touch.