cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection good one day next day constant

tugnut

Connection good one day next day constant

Hi

Wondering if anybody is having connections issues, seems like its ok one day and then the next day drops off constantly to the point it is pretty much unusable. Haven't been with plusnet long and assumed it was initially teething problems so didn't bother complaining but it is now starting to drive me up the wall. If this carries on there is zero chance of me staying once my contract is up. As it is I am starting to begrudge paying for the service I am receiving.

Also the router doesn't seem to be good regarding wifi coverage.

Does anybody have any advice on what to check as to what could be causing the issues?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Connection good one day next day constant

Welcome to the forums.

If the issue is only occurring on WiFi then try this

First thing to try is to change the name of one of the 2 SSIID (WiFi names). Add a number 5 to the 5GHz one so you can distinguish between the 2 names.

See this page and the section "How to check or change WIFi Settings". I believe you clear the section "Sync with 2.4Ghz" so that you can then change the SSID's.

Then try the various fault finders

First thing is to check for a phone fault (if Plusnet provide the phone start here https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/ ) If you do have a phone voice fault, report it as such and do not mention any broadband issues. And then when that is fixed, see if the broadband is better.

Then if still not solved (or no phone fault is in evidence) start with the FTTC guides at https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-Fault-Guides/m-p/1156188#U1156188

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
tugnut

Hi

Fairly thanks to the welcome and the speedy response on my issue. Unfortunately the issue isn't just with the WiFi, its the connection in general. Will give your advice a try on the WiFi though and will feedback.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your day.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@tugnut

A further thought is are you on the 40/2 Fibre package? And using the Plusnet Hub One ?

If so then this could be the cause https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-fibre-broadband-does-not-cope-with-uploads-and... as the upload link gets full, it will cause the router to lose connection to Plusnet and forces the router to log in again. The simple task of syncing your smart phone to Google or iCloud is enough to cause it.

Have a look at the router event logs (in the advanced/ helpdesk section I believe), to see if there are multiple entries for entry "PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]"

If it is then just post to the end of that thread for help.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT