Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops

Alfa
Dabbler

Connection drops

Hi
We seem to be getting a lot of connecton drops, could someone please run some checks to see where the issue is?
Many thanks
6 REPLIES 6
dannywong1997
Hooked

Re: Connection drops

same  Angry hope they can solve this soon
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry that you're having issues, have you been through any troubleshooting at all? http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/
@dannywon1997 - Same as the above, I can't see any fault has been reported on this so we're not going to be investigating or trying to resolve it for you until that's done.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Alfa
Dabbler

Still getting regular drop outs where the only way to reconnect is to restart the router, sometimes twice an evening, usually at least once a week. Went through the speedtest route but no issues found and the ticket closed. Strange thing is that when the drop out occurs, the router still shows all green lights  & nothing shows up inthe logs. Can thisbe checked from the plusnet side or is it a problem with the technicolor router ?
Dhaos
Grafter

Sounds like a problem with the router if you are having to turn it off to reconnect, are all your devices wireless? can you not test it through a wired connection?
Alfa
Dabbler

we have both wired & wireless connections and both go off - the internet just suddenly freezes, occasionally it comes back after a minute or two but usually the only way is to re-start the router.
Dhaos
Grafter

Are you running p2p software? ie torrent software? in the past it has locked up my router if i allow to many connections, also another weird symptom i have had is on my sony xperia tablet if i use the youtube app it will lock up my router until i disconnect the tablet from the wifi, also have you tried to access the router homepage when the internet is unresponsive? That might show you if its the router locking up or if its just the internet dropping.