cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops out randomly

hrrrbrwl
Hooked

Connection drops out randomly

I have been experiencing random drop outs for a couple of months now, reporting it now because I thought it might sort itself out but it's clearly not going to.  Last one occurred around 6:57 this morning but it happens at least 2 or 3 times a day that I know of.  Having read similar threads on here though I suspect it's probably happening more I'm just not using it at the time.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Connection drops out randomly

Hi there,

Things do seem a bit unstable.

My tests aren't identifying any issues.

If you're still using the equipment we sent you, would it be possible for you to setup a PPPoE connection between a laptop/computer and your openreach modem and let us know if you have the same issues?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hrrrbrwl
Hooked

I'm not sure it's happening any more.  Can you see when it last dropped out?

There was a couple of OpenReach engineers on the street at the weekend, not related to this issue as I'm sure we certainly haven't got that far yet, but I don't recall it happening since I saw them. Maybe they fixed it unknowingly, must have been some sort of issue around here as they had 2 vans out.

I will keep an eye on it though, I'll be around more tomorrow so I'll see if happens again.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I've attached a graph of your connection below

image1501698926843

It does seem to be more stable now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team