cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops out once a day

Blakey05000
Hooked

Connection drops out once a day

Hi, My connection has started dropping out once a day, usually in the evenings. Can this be looked at please?

The internet is stopping, causing no webpages to load and I am also being disconnected from online games as a result. It appears to reset itself after a minute and carries on like normal again.

This occurs on both wifi and also when my Xbox is plugged in using an ethernet connection.

Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Connection drops out once a day

Thanks for getting in touch @Blakey05000

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection.

We've tested your line and we can see the odd drop here and there as shown in the graph below

Can you confirm if the drops you've experienced match up with the above?

In addition to the above our line tests aren't showing any causes either

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Blakey05000
Hooked

hi,

Yep that looks like the drop outs I am experiencing.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Blakey05000,

Thank you for confirming that. These drops are within the limits of what we would expect for the line, so we're limited in terms of what we can do to resolve this. However, I would recommend that you run through some troubleshooting checks to rule out any internal wiring/equipment problems. You can view our troubleshooting guide here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Blakey05000
Hooked

It's just dropped out again.... just as the Aston Villa goal went in 9:35pm.... guess I won't watch the celebrations on Sky go.

What do you mean it's what you expect for my connection to drop every day. This is completely not acceptable!!!!!!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to us @Blakey05000.

I've tested the line today but again no issues are being highlighted. Can you please get your router connected into the test socket for the time being as shown here and we can see if you still experience the drops after ruling out internal wiring.

Though I appreciate your frustration here, we can't guarantee a service that never drops out due to the nature of the technology and to be honest if an engineer was sent at this point, due to the very sporadic nature of the drops it could be difficult to investigate and resolve the cause.

I've created a ticket on your account here, if you add a reply once you're in the test socket I'll monitor the connection and we will take it from there.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Blakey05000
Hooked

Right, as my connection dropped again, i reset it, and the fibre speed was going a very slow 3mb. As of right now I am now plugged into the test socket. 

My current speeda are now showing as 30mb download and 17mb upload. Before this I was consistently getting 65mb download and a max of 10 mb uplaod. 

So not only is my connection dropping a lot, but my speeds are all over the place too. I'll keep an eye on my speeds, please continue monitoring now that I am connected to the test socket.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Blakey05000,

Thanks for confirming that, on testing the connection today we can see the sync speed is around 75.3mbps down and 20mbps up - are you connected via Ethernet when you ran those speed tests?

Thanks.