cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops just after midnight

MartyPop
Rising Star

Connection drops just after midnight

Prior to the 1st November, my connection rarely(if ever) dropped but since the 1st November, it's dropped every night just after midnight for approx 20 seconds. This isn't a problem particularly but I find it a bit strange that this has suddenly started happening. Anyone any ideas why it's suddenly started dropping?

6 REPLIES 6
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Connection drops just after midnight

Just a thought and it's probably completely irrelevant but have you installed some new hardware recently. I think I've tracked a similar problem I was having to a security camera I had installed 'fighting' with my Netgear router over DNS.

MartyPop
Rising Star

Nope, no new hardware here BUT my connection didn't drop just after midnight last night, weird or what?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The disconnections were at very similar times for those 3 nights, 0:11 0:11 and 0:12. I've checked back and can't find any maintenance that could have caused this and the line has been stable since. Please do let us know if the disconnections start again.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Had to smile this morning when I was doing my habitual checks -

sshot.jpg

I'm sure it's not related and there was probably just some work going on. My own connection until then had been solid for about a fortnight.

bluewhale
Rising Star

what package are you on and what snr band are you on, 3db by any chance?

longedge
Aspiring Pro

"what snr band are you on, 3db by any chance"

Not sure if you're asking the OP or me. I don't know of a way get my line stats (I'm using my own Netgear router with BT modem). This morning I'm getting 43/7.3 from Thinkbroadband speedtest and 33.72/7.33 from BTW speed test which tells me my IP Profile is 48.9/20. I always say I'm on 40/20.