cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops every few minutes

Jack17a
Hooked

Connection drops every few minutes

Hi, my connection seems to freeze and restore itself every few minutes. At first I thought it was just on Wi-fi so I scanned best channels and adjusted the router accordingly but it still continued. I very rarely use a lan connection as I tend to just use my iPhone mostly so I don’t really know if wired has the same problems. I was using the one hub but since then I have now fitted a netgear d7000 and still having the exact problems so am now out of ideas. When I am connected I get speeds of about 70mb and upload of about 18mb
8 REPLIES
Baldrick1
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 58

Re: Connection drops every few minutes

Unless a Plusnet staffer comes along and says that they can see the fault at their end you are going to have to determine whether or not it's a wireless problem. Are there any lights on your router that change when you have a dropped connection?

Ideally you need to be checking by using a wired connection for a bit.

Jack17a
Hooked

I haven’t checked the lights on the router but I will keep an eye out as soon as am home
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 213

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Our tests aren't showing any issues for this.

We'd need you to try a wired connection to investigate further

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jack17a
Hooked

Just out of interest how do you know who’s line to check as I haven’t told you what my details are
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 461

We can find your account from the details in your forum profile.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Jack17a
Hooked

Both Wi-fi and lan have been ok so far today which is a good thing but also slightly annoying as I haven’t got to the bottom of the fault so am sure at some point the problem will be back. Gandalf thank you for your help
Jack17a
Hooked

Also I have got another router (netgear d7800) coming at some point this week to replace the netgear d7000 as I am hoping to increase my Wi-fi range. So if the fault does come back am pretty certain 3 routers would rule out any faults my end
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 461

No problems.
Let us know if or when the problem comes back.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team