Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops daily around midday

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Connection drops daily around midday

Thanks for the update @garriec At least it doesn't look like an internal wiring issue! I've got in touch with Openreach for an update and I've been advised this is with contractors for ducting and cable work that should be completed by the close of play on the 30th August. Once that's done we'll likely need to arrange another engineer visit to connect the line up.

We'll update you when we know more but feel free to let us know if you notice any developments your side.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
garriec
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

Is there any chance you can book an engineer for the internal install tomorrow? I’ll try and explain....

When the guy mentioned we’d need a new feed into the house we realised there’s no easy entry point via the front of the house. I asked if they could put the line over the roof and in the back and they mentioned they are unable to do it themselves. As advised by the engineer, I have just had the CAT6 external cable routed from the front where they are putting a box in, to where they are installing the master socket in the property. The engineer yesterday mentioned the guys installing the new feed to the property would connect the cable I’ve provided to the box they put on the wall, but we’d need the internal installer booking to install the master socket. Essentially I was just trying to save some time if possible?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @garriec

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to raise an appointment for tomorrow whilst work is already in progress - Openreach would just reject the new "fault" as a duplicate. 

That being said, I don't see any reason why a telephone engineer who is fitting a cable to your premises wouldn't then connect it to a master socket on your wall - if we booked a separate engineer to do this, it's likely to be another Openreach engineer with the same skillset.

Perhaps query this when the work is done tomorrow and let us know the outcome?

Best wishes

Dave

garriec
Dabbler

No worries.

No one has turned up to do the external work today, just thought I'd mention it as it's getting quite late in the day for them to turn up I'd imagine?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @garriec,

The work can technically be carried out at any time of the day up to 23:59. We'll update one we have more info for you Smiley