Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping randomly

Croger
Grafter

Connection dropping randomly

Hi

iv been using Plusnet for a while and although i had some issues before i havent had any for some time but iv not noticed my connection drops for a second or 2 and then goes back up again, i noticed this while gaming id be desynced and then fine again and this would happen randomly so while in discord voice chat due to it having a connection monitor i watched this and it would go from green and then to red (meaning low connection) for a second or 2 and then back to green and at same time my game would desync so i know it isnt the game itself and due to it happening on multiple programs/games im sure its down to my modem/connection with plusnet.

is there any chance a plusnet personnel could run a check on my connection line and to check my modems settings incase anything has changed pleas?

fyi modem is as old as my time with plusnet so about 3-4 years now so not sure if the plusnet modem is getting old and end of life now

thanks ^^

1 REPLY 1
Croger
Grafter

Re: Connection dropping randomly

just a update, im still desyncing from games etc and just decided to do a speed test, my minimum guaranteed speed is 30.9mbps but according to speed test im only getting 24.8mbps so something is wrong here since package is for 38-40mbps with guaranteed 30mbps and im loosing 6-14 mbps