Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping out since this morning

Afran
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Connection dropping out since this morning

Hi,

As of this morning at around 4.00AM my internet started to constantly drop connection every 5-10 minutes, I've reset my router and done the usual fixes but it would appear something else is the cause as I'm still experiencing the exact same dropouts 12 hours later. Please look into this, my account name is "Afrandor". Should note that even when I am connected, I'm having latency spikes and my speedtest results are about half the speed of what they should be/have been previously.

Thanks

Afran

4 REPLIES 4
Afran
Rising Star

Re: Connection dropping out since this morning

Just talked to your support via phone. Apparantley the fault finder instantly detected "Impairment in copper joint" so here's to hoping this is resolved fast.

Afran
Rising Star

I've also noticed that there's loud white noise when using the landline phone. I don't suppose this helps as I'd imagine it's also caused by the copper joint impairment error, but just in case.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Any noise on the phone line can cause issues with the broadband and it's very likely caused by the issue detected.

The fault has been reported to Openreach, so when we get a response we'll let you know what's happening.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Afran
Rising Star

Any update on this Chris as of yet?

My connection was perfectly stable all of yesterday, so I thought it had been fixed, but I've not heard anything.

Today however, I'm having frequent disconnects again in the same manner as before.

Edit: Just spoke to support. Engineer booked for home visit on Monday.