cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping out in the morning

RichD1

Connection dropping out in the morning

Normally my connection is stable. Last couple of weeks it keeps dropping out. I've noted a few occasions over the last couple of days. Friday 10th dropped out at 9 intermittently went on and off up until 9.45. Dropped out again 14:30 on 14:43, off 15:00. router tried to reconnect going through the orange light, light flashing, green then orange then turns blue then back to orange. Tried reset and turning off and on. Similar thing happened yesterday, but worse. Broadband unusable in the morning. 10.15 off, on and off 10.30, off 11, back on after 12. I've done the text fault option. Sometimes get a report there is an issue, sometimes it says the line is fine. On other occasions it works for hours at a time no issue.
2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Connection dropping out in the morning

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see you're having a lot of connection issues. I've been testing your line and the tests aren't showing the cause for the drops but looking at a graph below, I can definitely see your connection is dropping!

I'd recommend going through some troubleshooting steps explained Here but if you're still having issues, I'd like to arrange an Openreach engineer with you to take a closer look. Openreach engineers work weekdays 8am to 1pm or 1pm to 6pm, so let me know if you've got a preference for a visit and I'll get the appointment booked for you.

However, the ultimate solution would be to upgrade to Full Fibre (also known as FTTP, Fibre To The Premises) as this is available for you and would be so much more reliable and also faster if you need more speed. To upgrade, you'll just need to call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632. They're open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday's, 9am to 7pm Saturday's and 9am to 6pm Sunday's. What do you think? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Connection dropping out in the morning

@RichD1 

Just to be clear, if you upgrade to FTTP then you lose your landline and NUMBER.

That apart, FTTP tends to be far more reliable and you get closeto speeds advertised.

Brian