cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping out every 10 minutes or so.

jackevo

Connection dropping out every 10 minutes or so.

Hello,

For the past month or so my connection has been dropping out constantly, it has escalated to every 10 mins or sometimes more.

I moved address and took the same router etc with me, since coming to the house it has always dropped out (Past 6 months) but has recently got to the point I may as well not have internet.

I'm not willing to pay for this and will be cancelling very soon, I have read online I may need to pay for an engineer to visit? 

Honestly there is no way I'm agreeing to that, I'm paying £35 a month for something which drops out this often, not happy!

If there is some way you can help, the  please do.

I spoke with the online chat team and they said they have "reset it from their end", it hasn't helped, if anything it has made it worse.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Connection dropping out every 10 minutes or so.

Welcome to the Forum @jackevo

Have you reported this formally as a fault? If not, I would run through the checks at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and report a fault at https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults It takes a bit of your time but formally makes Plusnet aware of your problem, they have look at it, and gets the problem into the queue for action.

Please let us know how you get on.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @jackevo

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see that you're currently connected to the internet but have experienced drops in connection over the last seven days (and beyond). I've tested your line and although a phone fault was detected yesterday, there are no external faults present today. With this in mind it’s likely that the cause of the drops is within your premises.

Could you run through our troubleshooting guides here primarily and see if this helps?

If this doesn't resolve the issue I'd suggest raising a fault here so that we can progress this for you:

Thanks,

Dave

jackevo

Thanks for the replies,

I have run the troubleshoot guide and raised it as a fault, apparently the team is looking into it at the moment.  

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@jackevo Thanks for getting back to us.

Our tests are now showing a issue that would need a engineer to go out.

I'll update your fault shortly with more details.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team