cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping constantly throughout the day

reteq

Connection dropping constantly throughout the day

I have been having an issue on and off since moving into my flat just over a year ago.

Would happen maybe once or so a month, but has been consistent the past few days after some heavy rain and a power cut.

The router shows a blue light, but both wireless and wired devices will lose connection every few minutes, sometimes within seconds. I have tried resetting and restarting the router multiple times, and I am now using the test socket, the connection ow appears more stable (still drops out but less often), I still have constant ping spikes.

I'm inclined to think the issue is not the router, as this has been replaced in the past for the same issue, along with the adsl wire and filter, ethernets etc. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Connection dropping constantly throughout the day

Welcome to our community forums @reteq 

I'm sorry to see you've been having connection issues.

Line tests aren't showing the cause for the drops but we can see them, and you've pretty much done all the checks I'd advise of so I'd recommend raising a fault at faults.plus.net so we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

I've attached a picture of your connection below over the last 7 days, things don't look too good

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
reteq

Re: Connection dropping constantly throughout the day

Thank you for the quick response, I will do that now Smiley