Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropouts

brockied
Dabbler

Connection dropouts

Hi There

I have been getting a lot of broadband connection dropouts recently everyday. The router keeps going orange and re-connects. Used to be fine when I first joined but know BT mess around with the exchange a lot maybe that is the cause. My mum who is also on your service just down the road from me is also having the same problem. Hope you can help.

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Connection dropouts

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

Our tests aren't finding the cause of the drops.

Can you run through the troubleshooting here and then raise a fault to us here if things don't improve?

Also if you can PM me your mum's username I'll be happy to test her line too.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
brockied
Dabbler

Thanks will go through that. Will find out her username when I next see her.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all. Keep us posted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
brockied
Dabbler

Hi There,

I sent you a PM a while ago with my parents usernames for their broadband as they have had the same issue. I opened a ticket on the 25th and they are looking into the issue for myself, it started going a lot more stable for about 2 days but then went back the way it was. The last message on ticket page says 'Your fault Ticket has now been taken off hold.' but no updates since so I don't know if anyone is looking into the issue currently. 

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the details.

Sorry about the delay in looking into this, I've been on annual leave for the past 5 days.

Our tests aren't finding the cause of the drops for both your parents lines. Can you ask them to run through the troubleshooting here and then raise a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net if they're still having issues.

With regards to your account it looks like Alex has updated you as per this thread.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
brockied
Dabbler

Sure will do. Today my broadband has settled down but have a custom router coming as I am using the BT Hub 5 and I know looking at the reviews on Amazon for this router it has problems with dropouts with Internet so going to try that. It's strange because I find it happens more if I use my mobile phone or tablet, if I use the Twitter or Instagram app that triggers it off. My parents yesterday along with myself had non stop dropping outs. Will get them to try the troubleshooter if they are still having problems. With the TP Link router I have brought some on the reviews for that said this fixed the dropout issue for them but will see how my experience will be.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries. Keep us posted.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet