Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection down since lunchtime...

FIXED
GeekPeter
Dabbler

Connection down since lunchtime...

ive had this fault a handfuil of times previously and its cropped up again, im connected to my exchange ok it seems but again something is going off when trying to get to plusnets side, you have fixed this issue for me 3-4x previously, any chance of doing your magic again.

Enclosed a pic of my router below showing a 1mb u/l and 24mb d/l so i must be reaching the local exchange ok at least, but nothing happening on the WAN <> Plusnet side of things, as usual i have changed nothing, my password/details/etc are all correct just like the previous times this happened.

Any clues?

netproblem6.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Connection down since lunchtime...

As an aside... the stats page shows you are on ADSL not VDSL (FTTC / fibre).

Are you contracted to be on Fibre or ADSL?

Richard

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Thanks,

I've tested your line and the results do point towards a fault so I recommend raising that over at http://faults.plus.net ASAP. 

Do let me know when you have. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GeekPeter
Dabbler

done...

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers Peter,

I've just sent you a reply: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=171317627

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GeekPeter
Dabbler

any updates or do i keep watching for further info on that link you gave previous?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Peter.

I'll take a look at your ticket now and reply back there.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
GeekPeter
Dabbler

yeah thanks, i missed the plusnet staff phoning earlier, shoulda mentioned i was aslep after nightshift, saw the text and replied to the post your mentioning.

after all this tho im guessing it is a line fault somewhere mostly due to the stats shown from my router on my picture above, the SNR (currently sitting on a very low 2) value it displays is WAY WAY lower than they normally are and the reported upload rate is also much lower than it normall as well.

if i do a power OFF/ON of my router and watch its stats when it attempts to train when connecting to the exchange it sometimes shows FAIL ---- FAIL ----  before eventually landing on SHOWTIME with a valid but bad connection showing.

But ive done all tests i can think of, replaced wires, cables, routers, filters, used master socket etc, all the normal stuff and still no joy my end.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sounds like you've done everything your side.

We'll see what the engineering investigation brings. Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
GeekPeter
Dabbler

The openreach engineer has just left my flat now after working in the junction box/cabinet outside and told me i was actually physically disconnected which is why i had no functioning internet, he has replaced what was needed and im back in action.

He has no idea why i was disconnected or why this would happen but has managed to fix my fault.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear you're back up and running now Peter.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet