cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection down since Sunday

Elmacho

Connection down since Sunday

Hello,
My broadband connection has been completely down since Sunday morning at least - although the fault probably started during the night. I raised a question with support on Sunday, which triggered several responses, one of which explains that a fault had been found on my line (but not explaining what it was), followed by "The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Wednesday 30th May at 9:00am. This ticket will remain open with the CSC - FTTC Faults - Intermittent until this time."

It's the 30th today and nothing happened at 9am, so in the afternoon I contacted someone via the text chat. They informed me someone should phone me today, but it's now 7pm and there's been no update to the question or contact from plusnet whatsoever. Needless to say, I still have no connection.

Any ideas what's going on with it?

Some background: Router displays blinking red broadband light, but everything else on it works. Same situation regardless of cable or socket, tried master socket and test socket, different router also has exactly the same symptoms. The router's Event Log doesn't even show an attempt at logging in, presumably because it can't register a signal at all. Phone line has dial tone and sounds pretty normal to my untrained ear. 

1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 194

Re: Connection down since Sunday

Thanks for your time on the phone today.

Let us know how you get on after the visit tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team