cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection constantly dropping daily

Nickmcquade

Connection constantly dropping daily

Hi - my connection is constantly dropping with the router flashing red. I listened to the landline and it does appear rather buzzy so that might be the issue. Any chance you could look into this? Many thanks. Nick

7 REPLIES 7
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Connection constantly dropping daily

Hi @Nickmcquade,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. I've taken a look into this today and whilst we've been able to locate a potential fault, we're unable to pinpoint where exactly it is. I can see the connection is dropping quite frequently, but you'd mentioned you could hear static on the phone line, which is the thing we'd investigate the most at this time. This is because phone faults are often the cause of any broadband issues, so if we fix those first, it tends to sort everything else out as well. Have you been able to carry out any troubleshooting steps within the property so far? If not, then I'd recommend running through the following troubleshooting guides:

Broadband Troubleshooting Guide 

Test Socket Setup Guide

I'd also recommend testing the phone from the test socket whilst nothing else is plugged in, to see if the same noise is audible on the line. Please let us know how it goes and we'll be more than happy to pick this back up for further investigation as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Nickmcquade

Hi Alex - did all the troubleshooting things but still have issues so be good if you could look into it. Phone still sounds buzzy when plugged into test socket. Many thanks, Nick

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry to hear that's the case @Nickmcquade. I've retested the line and we've not been able to locate an external fault, so we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. I've logged a support ticket on your account regarding this, which can be accessed here. Please let us know in this thread once you've had the chance to read and respond to the ticket and we'll be happy to pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
maedegroot

Just to add, I am having the same issues. The line keeps dropping and the landline has a crackle on it. When I spoke to your technical on the phone, the line dropped twice and has been dropping out at least 6 times now. The speed is also half of what it should be and therefore it has to be a fault somewhere. I am based in Stourport on Severn, Worcestershire.

Engineer is booked to come out tomorrow but maybe BT Openreach has an issue somewhere? Are you not able to liaise with them direct and find out what might be going on?

Thanks, Michael

Nickmcquade

Hi Alex - thanks for your help. I've replied to the ticket now thanks. Let me know if you need anything else. Cheers, Nick

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Nickmcquade. I've updated the ticket again to confirm the engineer timeslot. If there are any issues following the visit, please let us know and we'll be happy to pick this back up for review.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @maedegroot,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing similar issues. I've had a look at your account and thankfully there's nothing to suggest that these two faults are linked. The best course of action right now would be to wait for the conclusion of your engineer appointment tomorrow and then let us know if any issues persist after this. If there are any, we'll be more than happy to take a look into this with you Smiley 

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team