Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection completely dead again

FIXED
SolarEclipse_
Hooked

Connection completely dead again

Hey there. Sorry to say our connections dropped off the face of the planet once more, from about 5PM onwards today, perhaps related to a recent bad storm in the area. I've checked all our equipment thoroughly and everything seems okay. It just suddenly dropped out during use and showed no signs of life since. Would a line test be possible? I tried using online chat but after juggling web browsers to find something compatible with it, it told me it was unavailable, so... yeah. Rapidly running out of mobile data so it'd be lovely to get back online. Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Connection completely dead again

Fix

@SolarEclipse_ Hey. Just seen your post as I was about to log out (We officially closed at 10pm but I was just finishing up on a few things) so I thought I'd check up on this for you to save you doing anymore troubleshooting at this stage.

Our tests are showing your service affected by a major service outage, so it sounds like it's related to the storm you've had around your area. The estimated resolution date is showing as 18-10-2019 23:06:14 which we've passed now.

Unfortunately we likely won't get another update until next week and our suppliers network incident team are now closed for the weekend so we can't chase things up until then too. ☹️

Sorry that this isn't a good start to the weekend, the good news is that it's not uncommon for engineers to be working over a weekend especially on major service outages that are affecting numerous other lines.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SolarEclipse_
Hooked

@Gandalf Thanks so much for the reply, especially out of hours. It's not great news, but at least I can relax some on troubleshooting like you said, so I really appreciate your checking into this! A week would certainly be a bit much to go without main internet, I'm already just sorta sipping at the last mobile data I have, but if it's a major outage hopefully it'll be back up and running soon. I guess it's a matter of waiting for tomorrow and seeing what happens?

SolarEclipse_
Hooked

Good news, it seems the internet came back a few moments ago and all seems well again! Thanks a lot for your time 😆

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@SolarEclipse_ Excellent, and not a moment too soon (Sort of) for the weekend. 😬

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet