Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Speeds Halved

FIXED
Wavehopper
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Connection Speeds Halved

Evening.  About a week or two ago my internet dropped out for around 4 hours.

Ever since then my download speeds have halved and my ping seems to have increased slightly.  Can someone check my account and double check nothing has gone wonky please.  Failing that, what can we do to restore it to previous performance.

connection.JPG2.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
MPC
Grafter

Re: Connection Speeds Halved

Hi @Wavehopper 

Can you connect to https://192.168.1.254/ and the look at Advanced Settings > Broadband > Connection.

The interesting number is the 'Downstream' as this is the rate that your line has notionally connected at.  If this figure is still much lower than it was previously, then the dynamic line management (DLM) still thinks your line is much worse than before, or is in the (very slow) process of recovering.

However, if your connection has gone line mine after a recent fault, you'll see that the Downstream figure is more or less what you had before the fault, but the measured speed in your speed test is still way less.  Hopefully someone on the technical side at PlusNet can escalate this to OpenReach as a fault and have your line profile reset.

All the best,

Mark

Wavehopper
Hooked

Hi Mark,

I'm using a Zyxel VMG8924-B10A router so the advanced settings aren't at the same location.  I'll have a poke around and see what I can find.

Cheers.

Wavehopper
Hooked

Fix

Contacted Plusnet support by phone. Was told it was a fault their end and the problem would be sorted by 17:00 that day.  3-4 days later and no improvement.  My original ticket still hasn't been touched.

I've fixed it myself by cancelling my Plusnet service and I've gone with someone else.  This is why I loathe BT. Their service is shocking.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Wavehopper,

I'm very sorry that the issue wasn't resolved and that this has led to you changing provider. I will pass on feedback about your poor experience here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team