Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Slowed by 20mbps

jan
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Connection Slowed by 20mbps

Yes, it still says 65.4 mbps on that page - so I would actually expect to be getting 60mbps throughput now, like I was this morning. I believe that line speed page can lag behind the actual setting for the line though.

I don't know re:his login.
He only said The line was in perfect condition and would easily support 80mbps & that he had spoken to BT Wholesale and that the only limit being placed on my line speed was by my provider & stated there was going to be a big meeting between BTW & Plusnet in the next day to discuss this exact issue.  Undecided
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Then he is talking garbage
Plusnet have no control whatsoever of the sync speed. That is entirely controlled by the equipment in the cab
jan
Rising Star

I'm waiting for Plusnet to update me after the engineer's visit.
I'm only reporting what the Openreach guy told me.
How am I, as a customer, supposed to know who to believe?  Cry
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I was not blaming you at all but we see many cases where the engineer gets totally muddled between LLU and non LLU suppliers
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

The ticket should be picked up soon anyway, but I've poked the faults team to take action for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jan
Rising Star

Thanks,
I assume it takes a few hours for the engineer's report to get back anyway.
J
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

It does normally. I'll hold off on faults. If you've not heard anything later this afternoon, post back and I'll chase then.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jan
Rising Star

I just logged into my member centre page to see if support had updated my ticket after the engineer visit, but I can't find how to navigate to my open question??  Previously there has been a yellow box which has a link to the open question, now that is gone & I can't find anyway of navigating to my support ticket.
How do I view my support question?
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

jan
Rising Star

Please feel free to poke the faults team today!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Have done - you should get an answer in the next couple of hours.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jan
Rising Star

Well thanks for prodding them I have received a deeply unsatisfactory response....
Thanks for your patience. From testing your circuit, I can see that your issue is resolved as the connection is remaining stable and the speed looks great. Please continue to monitor and get back in touch if you have any further problems.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

If my speed dropping from a constant 73mbps for 17 months to

In the last three weeks is enough to raise a fault and trigger an engineer visit. Then in my opinion the issue is not resolved.
I have a perfect line & no crosstalk, where has that 23mbps disappeared to?
jan
Rising Star

Actually I have to say I am not just unsatisfied I am in fact livid.
Let's just review the last two weeks...
1) Speed drops from a solid 73mbps for 17 months to 55mbps
2) I am told that is well below estimate and to raise a fault.
3) Faults team takes a week to get around to it
4) Fault team phone say my ip profile was stuck on 58mbps - so they have raised it to 65mbps and apparently the issue is resolved
5) I point out that my throughput is now 60mbps which is still quite a bit slower than 73mbps
6) Engineer booked.
7) Since the engineer came my speed is now 50mbps, 5mbps slower than when the fault was raised
8/) Faults team tell me speed is great and the issue is resolved?
WTF?Huh

jan
Rising Star

The engineer told me the line could support more than 80mbps and that  my reduced speed had been set by Plusnet and only they can adjust it.
These are his notes...
EU reports slow speed / 55meg / No issues with Openreach network. Speed profile set via CP on 27th march. Only CP can adjust. Service restored, PQT OK confirmed LTOK with jansears via test and demonstrate

Can anyone tell me what this means?
A response from plusnet at this point - other than "issue resolved" would be nice.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm sorry that you aren't happy with the reply you have received.
I'm concerned that the engineer is telling you that you line will support more than 80Mbps. Whilst this may technically be true, their currently isn't a product which will support this.
Why do you believe your line to be free from cross talk?
It's possible that we can arrange another engineer for you, but there is no guarantee that will sort anything out for you.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team