cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Oddity

hst125scorton1
Grafter

Connection Oddity

Something or nothing, am not to sure if anything can be done. I have a connection between 20-25Mb/s down and 1.8/2Mb/s Up. Only the last few days the internet drops out and comes back within 10-15seconds oddly this happens between 8 and 10pm at night never during the day. I've had a Static IP address for quite a while as I host a few games every now and then. Recently when I've been using the online radio it pops up saying I'm outside of the UK verify your Post Code which I do and it continues to play, but now this happens with Catch Up TV. I'm slightly confused, would it be possible for a new Static IP that I can change to? Which out having to drop down to Dynamic IP pool?
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Connection Oddity

I can see you spoke to one of my colleagues over on live chat, is everything sorted for you now?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hst125scorton1
Grafter

Hi, thanks for replying.

Yes at the moment everything is working as it should. The IP Change has worked its magic and now I don't need to verify my Post Code to catch up services when it said I'm outside of the U.K.

Would it be possible to get a few more Mb/s on my upload speed? I'm not sure if It can be done with my fibre contract?
I mean 1.90Mb/s uploading a 1.8GB Video to YouTube taken near 2hrs at best. The max I could get is 6Mb/s.

Cleveleys Exchange Cabient 44 which is the slowest one in the area at 38Mb/s Down and 10Mb/s Up, while the other cabs are 80Mb/s Down and 20Mb/s Up.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Would it be possible to get a few more Mb/s on my upload speed? I'm not sure if It can be done with my fibre contract?

I'm afraid not, the package you are on is up to 1.9Mb/s upload so we wouldn't increase that I'm afraid.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.