Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Issue

FIXED
hst125scorton1
Grafter

Connection Issue

My username is [removed]

Not really had any issues with my internet lately connection seems to be very stable which is what I like to see until this morning I had a game update on steam so I downloaded it 5.6GB in total without any issues, I decided then to upload a 1.30GB video to YouTube and it got stuck at 35%.. at the time my connection seemed to have 'Frozen', I check the details on my router and it said DNS Disconnected with Errors on the downstream. I gave the router a reboot and everything seems to just be ok. I preformed a speedtest and copied the errors from my router below.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Username removed from a public forum.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Connection Issue

Sorry to hear you're having problems uploading things to the web.

Testing your line isn't identifying any issues, your router's in sync at an upstream of 2mbps

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 22.4 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.0 Mbps

And the speed test you've run indicates that you're getting the expected throughput for your connection. 

There are a few errors showing but they shouldn't cause any problems.

Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2017-06-26T16:00:12.725+01:00 2017-06-26T16:15:12.725+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 6
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 9 3
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

It could be worth moving the router to the test socket (if you haven't already), more information can be found here

Finally, are you using a wireless or wired connection from the router?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hst125scorton1
Grafter

Thank you for the reply. Not exactly sure what made it froze but it's working perfectly as it should. I have 2 PC's one wired and one wireless the one I use the most. I have done 2 more speed test tests via the wired PC and they are as they should be as mentioned. I've successfully got my video onto YouTube without further issue. I can't move my router to the master socket to test there as I have no plug socket near by and don't have a long extension to hand. Again thank you for checking the issue out, very helpful.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

No problems, happy to hear it's started working normally by itself.

Let us know if you have any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet