cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Issue with Game

AMStones

Connection Issue with Game

I've got a strange problem, the online game Star Trek Timelines no longer works through my PlusNet fibre connection. I had been playing this game for months with no problems, but as of 19 Nov it just gives me an error saying it can't connect to it's server.

This happens on several Android devices and on PC too, but if I use mobile data on my phone that works. I tried the PC with an ethernet cable so it's not a WiFi issue. I tried resetting my Hub One router and factory reset it too but it didn't resolve anything. Everything else works fine though.

I used chat to contact support today and the person I spoke to said it was a signal to noise issue that they had fixed. They also claimed if I waited 4 hours and then reset my router the problem would be fixed.

I was highly doubtful, but gave them the benefit of the doubt. But after waiting 4 hours I reset the router and the problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Connection Issue with Game

Welcome to the community forums @AMStones, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems getting on this game while using your Plusnet broadband connection.

I've discussed this with a colleague and we've raised this with their support team so we can work together to investigate this further, however it may be worth you also raising this yourself if you haven't already here: https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015442367-Contact-Support

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
AMStones

I have contacted game support as suggested, I'm including a screenshot of the error message too if that is any help.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for that @AMStones.

I'm not sure if you've seen my response on the ticket on your account, however I've applied a static IP temporarily to try and get around the problem while we're awaiting a more permanent fix for the issue. If you disconnect and reconnect your router, you should re-connect on the new IP and hopefully be able to connect.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
AMStones

Thanks, I did disconnect and reconnect the router and the game does now work.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Glad to hear that!

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

We have had a response from Disruptor Beam as below:

Cecilia (Star Trek Timelines)

Dec 6, 00:56 EST

Hi Captain:

Thank you for contacting Disruptor Beam Player Support. Apologies for the delayed response.

We are currently investigating and have forwarded your query with the Production team. Once this issue has been addressed, I shall update you. 

Happy trails.

Sincerely,

🖖🏼Cecilia
Disruptor Beam

Tags (1)
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

The latest update we have from Disruptor Beam is below:

Cecilia (Star Trek Timelines)
Dec 12, 19:54 EST
Please advise your customers who are patrons of Star Trek Timelines to directly contact us if they have further questions. 
Happy trails.
Sincerely,
🖖🏼Cecilia
Disruptor Beam
http://www.disruptorbeam.com/

As per that message, if you continue to experience problems, could you please contact them directly for an update.
AMStones

I have contacted Disruptor Beam, but all they have said is that they are looking into the problem.

The game was working until sometime today, but has stopped again now. As before it works on my phone if I use mobile data instead of WiFi. Error message is now blank, screenshot enclosed.