cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Dropping to 0.05 mps between 8 and 9 pm

tedglen2
Grafter

Connection Dropping to 0.05 mps between 8 and 9 pm

I have tried phoning but the queues are too long.
My connection is very unstable between these times, can you check the noise on the line as this has been a problem before at these times. i would rather have a slower stable connection that one that is all over the place.
Also i am paying for 70MB, which i got in the first month, now i never see it go over 25-30 mb
What is going on?
5 REPLIES 5
tedglen2
Grafter

Re: Connection Dropping to 0.05 mps between 8 and 9 pm

hello ?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

can you check the noise on the line as this has been a problem before at these times.

When you say noise on the line, do you mean noise that's audible when using the phone? If so the easiest way to check is plugging a phone in to the master socket and dialling 17070.
I'm just going to run a couple of other tests on your line now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 80.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

However, after a bit of digging the SVLAN capacity for the link you're connected on is showing as AMBER. This wasn't the easiest to find out as your exchange is a child exchange of a different exchange for FTTC.
So to resolve this generally capacity is added quite quickly, however we can look into alternatives if you go through the faults checker for us at https://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tedglen2
Grafter

Thanks for your response Chris.
Not sure what the above means, but when i had this problem before they ran test and said there was a lot of errors on my line and certain times, they said it could be because a large number of people on the internet on my exchange at that time.
However this happens quite often now again, Plusnet did something last time and fixed it for a few months.
What can be done?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you raised a fault as Chris requested? Until you do they won't do anything.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)