cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Dropping Out

hst125scorton1
Grafter

Connection Dropping Out

I've been having some random disconnections out of the blue all the sudden. Recently a rather large New FTTC has been installed within the last month and yet unknown if I have been placed in there, as the old FTTC is been removed for the new FTTC. Since connections have been wobbly although let it off mainly because of the works with the cabinets. Since connections have been dropping and re-syncing which is visible on the OpenReach Fibre Modem. I've double checked all the cables at my end and everything is all as it was. Connection Log that I have extracted from my router I've noticed my speeds are between 28-32Mb/s Down and upload was set at 7.7Mb/s Up but was set previously to the max of 10Mb/s Up regardless to what the DSL Checker claims I can get words from a previous engineer. Although I'm not complaining about the Down speed as I've been happily sat at 30Mb/s for quite a few months out of the max of 35.4Mb/s I can get.

Sunday 18 March

12:20 DSL Connection Dropped

13:01 DSL Connection Re-Synced

19:35 DSL Connection Dropped

19:36 DSL Connection Re-Synced

Wednesday 21 March

00:57 DSL Connection Dropped

01:01 DSL Connection Re-Synced

01:59 DSL Connection Dropped

02:07 DSL Connection Re-Synced

I spoke to an online adviser called Joe and he ran a test to check all was ok, He said things looked ok but this connection drop out is becoming a little inconvenience, If someone could do a GEA test and post the results it would be grand as yet I haven't raised it as a fault. I checked for noise on the landline and there wasn't any.

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Connection Dropping Out

Hi there, here's GEA test results you asked for, I'd try connecting into the test socket and see if the speeds look any different next: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 33.1 Mbps
Upstream Speed 8.4 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 1084.0
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence ; 00:00 to 23:45
Interference Location Customer Premise
Interference Observed In Days 14
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-03-09T16:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 32.0 Mbps 34.3 Mbps 33.4 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 7.9 Mbps 8.3 Mbps 8.0 Mbps
Up Time 0.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 896.3 Sec
Retrains 0.0 3.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-03-22T16:15:12.356+00:00 2018-03-22T16:30:12.356+00:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 3 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hst125scorton1
Grafter

Thank you for providing me the GEA results. About the master socket test I'm already connected to the small socket above the telephone socket. Do still have to take the front of to test in the test socket with a filter?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @hst125scorton1

You're absolutely right - you'd need to remove the faceplate and use a filter to connect to the test socket.

Let us know how you get on!

Best Wishes,

Dave

hst125scorton1
Grafter

Thank you, I have done the following and actually found a a sort of filter knocking about in one of my router boxes. From the first three screenshots [Screenshot-46 to 48] the middle one seems a little 'over the top' the speed seems to be as they were before using the test socket. I have included one final screenshot [Screenshot-50] after using the test socket. Also Included Screenshot-49 with my internet results. My Upload Profile states 10Mb/s but I'm getting 6.5Mb/s according to it. The Download seems to be where it should be. 

hst125scorton1
Grafter

Hello again, just a little update I restarted my openreach fibre modem but resetting it from the button at the back, I left it to resettle and sync. I re did a speed test x3 and they came out between 30.3 to 31.7Mb/s Down and 7.5 to 7.7Mb/s Up. So I presume this was external which has resolved itself. Meanwhile I've not noticed any connection drops out of the blue since the last one bare in mind the drops I did while completing the tests via test socket. I also did a silent line test and that was all silent too. So I monitor this for now, I presume it was to do with the works of the new FTTC, moving cabling ect and also Exchange works.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it seems better!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team