Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Dropping Out

FIXED
Paul_Slide

Connection Dropping Out

Hi guys,

My connection is causing me problems, it seems to drop out at least once every evening for a few minutes, which is very annoying when gaming or streaming.  Can someone check my line for up-time so I know whether to start investigating the WiFi?

I'm also still getting much slower speeds than estimated (see below) after six months of service.  I'm getting around 29Mb down, 8Mb up so can this also be checked?

Unlimited Usage Allowance
49Mb - 64Mb download speed (estimated)
11Mb - 17Mb upload speed (estimated)

Many thanks.

Paul.

7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Connection Dropping Out

We're seeing no disconnections:

Testing your line is showing that you are connected through to the cabinet at a lower speed than we'd expect:

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 32.4 Mbps
Upstream Speed 5.0 Mbps

I'd advise getting this reported to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net and letting us know when you have for the speed issue.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Paul_Slide

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the prompt assistance, I'll crack on with testing the WiFi.  In the meantime I've had a ticket raised for my speed problem.  The BTWholesale performance tester came back with "Your service was found to be performing poorly.
Please raise a fault with your service provider, stating that the BT Performance Tester tool indicates poor service throughput performance after the third test."

Chris
Legend

I've taken a look over the fault report and it's been passed through for more investigation, however that's already come back saying an engineer visit will be needed. I've updated the fault ticket with that information, so if you can reply there we can get this picked up again.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Paul_Slide

Hi Chris,

I've responded on the ticket, thanks for your continued support.

Chris
Legend

Fix

That's booked in and I've confirmed it on the ticket too, let us know how it goes.

Paul_Slide

Hi Chris,

The openreach engineer fixed a problem with the wiring which has opened my speed up to around 50Mbit.  He did say this was still less than he would expect for an 80/20 connection to the cabinet which is just around the corner, but I had to leave the house shortly after he finished and I'm not back until tomorrow evening so I haven't had time to see whether it settled any higher.  I'll give the router a restart tomorrow night and see where we get to.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,

Paul.

Chris
Legend

No problem, looking at your account we've already increased your profile so a single disconnect/reconnect should sort it.